Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Going Bovine Going Bovine by Libba Bray


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This story was pretty cool. I had a rough time getting 'into' it; but my perseverance paid off. The main character is essentially a nihilistic stoner who discovers the meaning of life, and that life actually HAS meaning. Well, first he discovers a whole-lotta-crazy, but it leads him to the realization that his life was unfulfilled by his own device. I joined Cameron on a wild-ass ride. I wanted to throw the book out a window more than a few times, but towards the end I found myself wholly engrossed and philosophizing existentialism with Cam-my-man. I think the story may have impact on my sixteen-year-old-underachieving-son, seriously, I just have to get him away from any source of electricity-consuming-attention-diversions. Maybe I'll slip it in his sleeping bag when we go camping this summer...

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment