Saturday, May 22, 2010

Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey

Jasper Jones Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Jasper Jones is the town scape-goat. Everything that happens is his fault. Charlie doesn't know why, it's just the way it is...Jasper Jones is the Bad Seed. Charlie lives an average, boring life in an average, boring town. One night Jasper knocks at Charlie's window pleading for his help. Charlie didn't know Jasper even knew he existed, much less his name or address. What Jasper shows Charlie that night changes him forever, robs him of his childhood innocence, and shatters the facade of his "boring, average" world irrevocably.
From cover to cover my mouth was agape. I laughed, cried, scoffed, and maybe even dies a little bit myself. I have made amends with my own inner child, nursing some of the wounds I was reminded of through Charlie's experiences. This book is a coming-of-age of such power, I can't pass it on to my teenage kids. I don't want them to feel this yet, late teens, or early twenties is more appropriate, not 13 and 16, not yet.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment