Saturday, October 30, 2010

The Crossroads Day 15 ft Amanda Ashby

Meet Me At The Crossroads Day 15 with  



Quiet, unpopular,non-cheerleading Mia is blissfully happy. She is dating super hot football god Rob, and he actually likes her and asked her to prom! Enter Samantha--cheerleading goddess and miss popularity--who starts making a move for Rob. With prom in a few days, Mia needs to act fast. So she turns to her best friend, Candice, and decides to do a love spell on Rob. Unfortunately, she ends up inflicting a zombie virus onto her whole class, making herself their leader! At first she is flattered that everyone is treating her like a queen. But then zombie hunter hottie Chase explains they are actually fattening her up, because in a few days, Mia will be the first course in their new diet. She's sure she and Chase can figure something out, but she suggests that no one wear white to prom, because things could get very messy.


Amandy was sweet enough to fuel the fire by answering a few questions...

Book-Savvy: Who was/is your least favorite character to write?

Amanda Ashby: "Does it sound cliched to say that I love all of my characters?? When my first book, You Had Me at Halo came out, quite a few people said they didn't like my heroine because she was shallow and selfish but honestly, I never felt that when I was writing her. I knew what made her tick and I was always totally on her side. Ditto for all my other characters. I spend so much time with my characters that it would be pretty depressing if I didn't like them!!!"

Book-Savvy: Do you have any writing rituals? Any quirky habits you feel are essential to your writing process?

Amanda Ashby: "Long ago there was a Solitaire addiction but I've managed to break that one now! However, I do like to have at least one small bottle of Diet Coke a day while I'm writing (hahaha - I'm so Rock and Roll!!!!!!). Also, there is a gorgeous stationary shop called Smiggle and I've just discovered that they make beautiful leather bound notepads in really bright colors so I've decided that from now on, every book I write will get a gorgeous leather bound notepad for when I need to jot things down. The first one is apple-green!"

Book-Savvy: If you were stranded on a desert island which of your characters would you choose to be stuck with?

Amanda Ashby: "Emma Jones. She is the heroine of my next YA book and while she isn't quite Katniss, she has a lot more survival instincts than any of my other characters (or me!!!!!) so hopefully she would be able to build a hut (and perhaps an Internet computer) so that it would be comfortable to live in!!!!"


Thanks so much for enlightening me! I can't wait to read Fairy Bad Day and meet Emma!


You can read the first chapter of Zombie Queen of Newbury High here. When you're done, check out the rest of Amanda's site... she has some fun Zombie Facts and jokes and such that had me rofl-ing!

Amanda generously sent me a signed Zombie Queen ribbon to share with one lucky commenter. Please leave your e-mail. Winners will be notified on November 1st (ish).


If you haven't already, be sure to Meet Me At The Crossroads, check out today's question and follow the links to participating blogs. E-mail your answers to judithgraves [at] ymail [dot] com by midnight on Halloween, the winner of the sick grand prize will be chosen shortly thereafter and notified November 1st.

2 comments:

  1. She give the best interviews! You know her books have to be funny. I can't wait to read them.

    Not entering contest b/c I've already won twice.
    Good luck to others.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not really cliche to love all your characters; you created them, so no matter how irritating or hateful they are, you have to love them at least a bit.
    missy1540[at]gmail.com

    ReplyDelete