Friday, November 12, 2010

The Blood of Cain by T.L. Gray

 The Blood of Cain
The Blood of CainThe Blood of Cain by T.L. Gray

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Cain murdered his brother, Abel. We've all heard the story. God turns his back on him and he is known for all time as the First Murderer. What if there's more to it than that? What if there's a chance for Cain's redemption? What if Cain finds a way to become immortal, surely he'll figure out how to make amends with God if he has all of time to search? Too late, Cain discovers immortality is the worst punishment God could have rendered.
Bearing witness to all of human history, Cain has carried his burden as carefully as he could. Now he's ready for an end.
Told from alternating points-of-view between Cain of ancient history and Teagan of modern days, is a mesmerizing twist on a renown historical figure. Cain is NOT the cold-blooded murderer we've all grown up knowing, but was in fact just an angsty, jealous teen who made a mistake of biblical proportions and now must pay for all of time.
The world building is thrilling, and enthralling. Blood of Cain is an intricately woven Historical Thriller enmeshed with a fast-paced Urban Fantasy. I fell in love with the characters, even the REAL bad-guy (who incidentally is definitely NOT Cain).
As a science major, I always dwell on the details. Question everything. Gray has squelched each and every question raised throughout this book leaving me ONLY asking "what happens next." I can't wait to read The Arcainians!

You can find T.L. Gray on Goodreads, Twitter, Facebook, and her website.

She was kind enough to send me a *signed* copy of The Blood of Cain to give away! Leave a comment with your e-mail address to enter. Winner will be notified December 1st, and yes this is international (I don't mind paying the extra couple of dollars to share this awesome book with you).



View all my reviews

7 comments:

  1. What and incredible story line! - I would love to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems so interesting! I love classic stories told from another point of view. I would love to read this.

    elizabeth.harkinson[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read this book!!! bighornforestgirl@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very interesting

    ke7yca at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds great! I would love to read this one.

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to read this.
    GFC follower
    lovemybabysquid@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the winner is???

    ReplyDelete