Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So much more intense and tormenting than Hush, Hush! I literally read this book in 48 hours, which is quite an accomplishment working full-time and having wee ones to care for at home.
The twists and turns were unpredictable and solid. I loved the ending. I wasn't a huge fan of Patch in book one, and the way the relationship played out in this book was very satisfying, although I think Nora is exponentially stronger emotionally than I would have been in her position on numerous occasions.
The elaboration on the back-stories introduced in Hush, Hush was welcome. I honestly didn't know what to expect going into this book because, as I said earlier I wasn't hugely impressed with the first book. I was ssoooo NOT disappointed!
A lot of people have complained about Vee's personality and I just want to add, YES she is annoying, NO it doesn't get any more endearing in this book, and YES you CAN deal with it. I think her defects compliment Nora's own borderline Neurotic tendencies perfectly and if the BFF were written any other way the storyline would suffer immensely, especially towards the end.
I wouldn't advise any fan of Mystery, Suspense, Paranormal, or YA Romance pass this one up. This was truly an exhilarating read!



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. This has nothing to do with Crescendo and everything to do with saying Thanks to Heather for the book The Ghost and the Goth by Stacey Kade that I won through the Crossroads Tour! What a great tour! It was like being one on one with the authors and thank you Heather for being one of the hosts! I'm sure it was a lot of work!

    Heather Rosdol
    Buried in Books

    ReplyDelete