Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

Summer's Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5)Summer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Once again, Kagawa has left me thoroughly stricken! It's amazing how much story she fit into this itsy-bitsy novella, but not once was I overwhelmed. I loved reading from Puck's perspective. I missed the hot and steamy Meghan/Ash yummy's, but Goodfellow's snark, passion and creativity more than sated my hunger for Iron Fey.
Summer's Crossing ignites with Ash and Puck searching for Meghan. Early on (really, before they even embark) Leanansidhe cashes in the favor Ash promised, sending him straight into Summer Court to steal back her "toy" from Queen Titania. Wow, what an adventure ensues! My heart bled for Puck and the emotional torment he endures because of his love for Meghan. We also get Puck's side of the story regarding the tragedy that destroyed his friendship with Ash so long ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the plot twists and scandals Kagawa flawlessly spun into 70-ish pages, you will be too.
This is great as a stand-alone story, but better as a teaser for those of us hopelessly addicted to the Iron Fey.
If you'll excuse me, I need to search for a 12-step group to recover from this before I get lost for good. It's kinda like dancing to faerie music...I couldn't stop if I wanted to!




View all my reviews

Download the eNovella free on Iron Fey, Amazon, Kobo,
or get the audio-novella (I think I made that term up) from audible

As a special fodder for your Iron Fey desires... check this beautiousness out:


No comments:

Post a Comment