Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lament br Maggie Stiefvater

Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception (Books of Faerie, #1) Lament: The Faerie Queen's Deception by Maggie Stiefvater


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Scary faeries, an EVIL queen, a would-die-for-you best friend/boyfriend-in-waiting, a family secret that Dierdre never could have guessed, and a 1000+ year old heart!-throb!-mystery-guy that seems infatuated with the girl no one knows exists. This was more of a horror story than I'd expected. A terrifying tale with the old school style faeries that think humans are dumb animals and they revel in torturing us for it. I LOVE THIS BOOK!
I'm savoring the perpetuation of the old medieval Irish faerie tales; the one's my Grandma used to tell me so I wouldn't wander off into the woods. I grew up envisioning faeries as terrifyingly heartless and beautifully mischievous and tortuous, Maggie rekindling that fear (thanks) along with a pulchritudinous "first-love" between Dierdre and Luke
This is unabashedly my new favorite faerie tale!!!


View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment