Saturday, July 3, 2010

Glimmerglass by Jenna Black

Glimmerglass (Faeriewalker, #1) Glimmerglass by Jenna Black


My rating: 3 of 5 stars
I appreciated the premise and new perspective on the Fey. The first half of the book was enthralling, the latter left something to be desired, though. I got tired of the political wars, and Katsa's constant self-defeat, paranoia, and blame on her mother's alcoholism was exhausting. I found myself struggling through the last few chapters and flipping back to the more exciting interactions between Katsa and Ethan. I will read Shadowspell when it comes out next year, but won't buy it unless it proves worthy. Over all, not a bad book. Lacking in the romance and fantasy department, but interesting and uniquely woven premise.

View all my reviews >>

No comments:

Post a Comment