Monday, September 13, 2010

Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

Nevermore (Nevermore, #1)Nevermore by Kelly Creagh

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Head-Cheerleader, Isobel, is the most popular girl in her high school. She's paired in English with the dark, brooding Goth boy, Varen for a project on Edgar Allan Poe and wants nothing more than to be reassigned, but if she fails this project she's off the squad and loses out on her dream of winning the Nationals. When her Captain-of-the-football-team boyfriend, Brad, find's out she's paired with "That Freak", he takes it upon himself to get the message across that Isobel is off-limits to Varen. While the forces that be (parents, friends, boyfriend) are doing everything to keep Isobel and Varen apart, the two of them discover an unexpected connection that binds their hearts and opens their eyes to a horrifying world of terrors and nightmares.
All the dark poetic mystery of Poe's greatest works infused into a modern-day tragic love story with a heart-wrenching ending that left me pining for an encore. I fell in love with Isobel's innocent naivety and Varen's deep, dark angst. The world Creagh has created is unique, imaginative, and as addictive as her inspiration's. I can't wait to see what else she has in store for us! This is an AMAZING debut from a talented writer with a promising future.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Isn't Varen just HOTT! I loved this book and I love how everything was well written and described! UGH! I want the next one already!!!!

    ReplyDelete