Saturday, January 1, 2011

Out With A Bang Wrap-Up and WINNERS!

Winners of the Page Count Challenge are:
First Place = Lisa with 2282 total pages!
Runner Up = Lillie with 1764 total pages!
3rd Place = Ashley with 1671 total pages!
Thanks,  again everyone!!!

Happy New Year!!!

2010 DEFINITELY went "Out With A Bang" 
The readathon was so much fun! 


I've heard people say "Whatever you're doing at midnight is what you'll be doing all year, so choose carefully." I spent the last 2 hours of 2010 at the most fun Twitter Party I've ever participated in, dishing on the best books with the coolest people. I rang in the new year with bloggers, readers, and authors and spent the first 2 hours of 2011 finishing a book. 
This is EXACTLY how I'd like to spend 2011. 

My 17 year old son told me I was an 'Old Lady' for not going out to a New Year's party. 
I told him I had way more fun doing this and someday he'll get-it. He said "Yeah, when I'm 80."

So on to business...

My stats:

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand = 448 pages


Manifest by Artist Arthur = 256 pages


13 to Life by Shannon Delaney = 308 pages

 
Temperature: Dead + Rising by Adam Santo = 170/192 pages (finished after midnight)

Bringing me to the grand total of 1182 pages read. WOW!
Yes, my brain is fried now from information overload, but it was SO worth it. I've also run the full gambit of the spectrum of emotions with these books.

I want to wait until tomorrow to post the winners of my giveaway to give everyone a chance to post their final page count. 
I'm impressed and humbled by some of the numbers I've seen so far!!


I want to thank:
Casey @ The Bookish Type for helping me plan and execute this event. This wouldn't have become anything more than a daydream without all her help. For this I have to say, you are my BBFF (Best Blogger Friend Forever). Your insight, crazy organizational skills, and magnetic personality are what really made this whole readathon come together. YOU ROCK!!

I also want to thank the Bloggers that took the time to come up with all the kick-ass mini-challenges...
Andye @ Reading Teen
Melissa @ YA Bookshelf
BrandiHeather @ A Writer's Review
Kathleen @ Kat Duncan

A HUGE THANKS to the following people who were so kind and generous to donate the prizes:


I'd also like to thank Shannon Delaney for stopping by the Twitter Party last night! You spent your New Years with me!!! WOW!

Thanks to everyone who stopped in, and congrats to the Twitter winners:

Thank you to everyone who participated, read, tweeted, entered the contests, blogged, etc...



4 comments:

  1. That was my first twitter party and I loved it. Great fun and great people to share new years eve with! Thanks for hosting such a fun event!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great party with nice people around. Still amazed with all those reading speed XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, the party that I was at last night had unreliable 3G, but I was able to lurk a bit during the Twitter party. Congrats on a great event!

    I left my page count on your post from yesterday, but this link is to my Wrap-Up Post.

    Thanks for hosting, and I'd definitely participate in future events!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWW! Thank you!! *blushes* You are totally my BBFF too! It was a ton of fun hosting this with you! You recruit swag like NOBODY'S business! Thank you so much for including me in your brainchild! You rock, girly!!!

    Also, you read a TON O_O !!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete